Highly interested on the translation of emerging technologies onto applications at service of society, I am the head of the Switzerland Office of the CLAIRE Initiative for excellence in AI. I am also chair of the IEEE group on standards for brain-machine interfacing and executive-in-residence at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy. I am the editor of the IEEE Brain eNewsletter and I am actively involved in outreach activities for the general public on topics related to emerging emerging technologies and their societal impact.
I have a degree on Electronics Engineering from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Cali, Colombia and a PhD in Computational Neuroscience from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) In Switzerland.
News: The CLAIRE network has set up a website to compile existing initiatives (projects, funding calls, hackathons, open datasets or tools, etc) by which AI and emerging technologies are contributing to combat COVID19. You can find the website here
Upcoming Talks and Events
- June 8-9 2020: AI Governance Forum 2020 - From the governance of AI to the governance via AI, Digital Conference
- June 25-26 2020: Workshop Global Perspectives on Responsible Artificial Intelligence, Freiburg, Germany. Invited speaker
- July 13th-17th, 2020: IEEE COMPSAC , Digital Conference. Invited speaker
- Sep 4th, 2020: SIDO event, Lyon, France. Plenary speaker
- Nov 10th, 2020: DEFTECH DAYS - Human-machine interface & Interaction, Thun, Switzerland. Invited speaker
- Standards Roadmap: Neurotechnologies for Brain-Machine Interfacing, IEEE Standards Association. February 2020
- Lotte et al. Turning negative into positives! Exploiting "negative" results in Brain-Machine Interface (BMI) research. Brain-Computer Interfaces. In press. [Public version at HAL repository]
People I have worked with