Highly interested on the translation of emerging technologies onto applications at service of society, I chair the IEEE working group on standards for brain-machine interfacing and executive-in-residence at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy. I am the editor of the IEEE Brain eNewsletter and I am actively involved in outreach activities for the general public on topics related to emerging emerging technologies and their societal impact.
I have a degree on Electronics Engineering from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Cali, Colombia and a PhD in Computational Neuroscience from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) In Switzerland.
- July 2020: Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik Seminar, "Physiological I/O", Dagstuhl Schloss, Germany
- June 2020: Workshop Global Perspectives on Responsible Artificial Intelligence, Freiburg, Germany. Invited speaker
- June 2020: International BCI Meeting, Workshop “On the need of good practices and standards for Benchmarking Brain-Machine Interfaces”, Brussels, Belgium
- May 13th, 2020: SIDO event, Lyon, France. Plenary speaker
- May 5th, 2020: DEFTECH DAYS - Human-machine interface & Interaction, Thun, Switzerland. Invited speaker
- April 2020: 1st IEEE International Conference on Human-Machine Systems, Rome, Italy. Invited speaker
- March 28 2020: Annual Conference Marie Curie Alumni, Zagreb, Croatia. Invited panelist
- Lotte et al. Turning negative into positives! Exploiting "negative" results in Brain-Machine Interface (BMI) research. Brain-Computer Interfaces. In press. [Public version at HAL repository]
- Huggins et al., Workshops of the seventh international brain-computer interface meeting: not getting lost in translation, Brain-Computer Interfaces. Volume 6, 2019 - Issue 3
- Jeunet et al. Uncovering EEG Correlates of Covert Attention in Soccer Goalkeepers: Towards Innovative Sport Training Procedures. Scientific Reports 10, Article number: 1705 (2020)