Highly interested on the translation of emerging technologies onto applications at service of society, I chair the IEEE working group on standards for brain-machine interfacing and executive-in-residence at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy. I am the editor of the IEEE Brain eNewsletter and I am actively involved in outreach activities for the general public on topics related to emerging emerging technologies and their societal impact.
I have a degree on Electronics Engineering from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Cali, Colombia and a PhD in Computational Neuroscience from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) In Switzerland.
- March 28 2020: Annual Conference Marie Curie Alumni, Zagreb. Invited panelist
- Nov 26 2019: Symposium Closing the regulatory gap for consumer neurotechnology, Brocher Foundation, Geneva
- Oct 29 2019: Brain & Machine: Neuroscience and Technology. SwissAI-Digital strategy meetup, Geneva
- Oct 23 2019: Congreso Tecnología y Turismo para la Diversidad. Málaga, Spain
- Sept 16 2019: Workshop on Standards for neurotechnologies and brain-machine interfacing. Graz BCI Conference. Graz, Austria.
- 13 June 2019: Geneva Center for Security Policy Alumni connections & conversations. Geneva, Switzerland. Keynote talk